In the first year of LVFB’s existence, food distributions were made from the back of a rented truck. As the program grew, warehouse space was needed. That first warehouse provided by the Bethlehem Steel Company, which donated space in one of their warehouses; the space was shared with Bethlehem Steel operations. In 1986, the generosity of the local community enabled the food bank to purchase its own home, a 7,600 square foot warehouse at 1138 North Godfrey Street in Allentown. Then, in May, 1993, the local community provided the funds to move into a new 18,000 square foot warehouse at 2045 Harvest Way in Allentown.
In 2010, SHFB leased an additional 5,000 square feet of warehouse space on Snowdrift Road to facilitate packing and distribution of Commodity Supplemental Food Program and Backpack Buddies packages.
Due to an unfortunate increase in need and market changes which led to an increase in allowable food donations, Second Harvest, inevitably, outgrew its Harvest Way location. A capital campaign was launched in December 2014 and, thanks to a very generous community, Second Harvest relocated to a 65,000 square-foot facility in September 2015.